Paroozing through videos on YouTube, specifically The GlamTwinz (Holy Grail Stylers for Curly Hair), they posted their staple products in their natural hair regimen. One of them, which I believe is the first one for both of them was Kinky-Curly Original Custard Curling Custard. Now I have tried this product before and I did not like it at all. Basically left it alone for years, however thanks to their video I decided to revisit it, and I am super happy that I did.
Product Name: Kinky-Curly Original Curling Custard
Ingredients: Botanical Infusion of Water, Horsetail, Chamomile, Nettle and Marshmallow, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Agave Nectar Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pectin, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate and Natural Fragrance.
Claims: CURLING CUSTARD TM gives moisture and curl definition, hold and brilliant shiny hair all in one product! It reduces bulk, defines & elongates your curls helping them to ‘hang’ better. CURLING CUSTARD TM will bring out the natural curl or wave pattern you never knew you had! It is an advanced botanical formula made with ALL NATURAL ingredients that nourish and strengthen the hair. Utilizing the humectant properties of the Agave Nectar, CURLING CUSTARD TM will give weight to your hair, define your curls, remove frizz, provide long lasting hold and shine without ever being greasy, crunchy or drying to your hair. This high performance product is very concentrated so a little goes a long way.
Is the product easy to use
- Yes it is, twist top for easy access. This custard has a lot of slippage, the good thing is you don’t have to apply a lot so the product will not get all over you. But you do have to read the directions, it is very VITAL that you follow the directions or this product will not work. Directions: **TIP- This product is designed to work alone but ultimate curl definition and length can be achieved when used with KNOT TODAY TM as a leave in conditioner.
For best results apply CURLING CUSTARD TM to soaking wet, freshly washed hair. For very kinky and tightly coiled hair use KNOT TODAY TM as a leave-in conditioner then apply CURLING CUSTARD TM to soaking wet hair in small sections. Smooth each section with fingers from root to tip.
Is it high quality?
- Yes it is very high in quality and the consistency and the smell is good as well.
Is it worth the money?
- Yes it is especially when Kinky-Curly is accessible at any Target and sometimes has deals (buy one get one).
- easy to use
- smells good
- easy to find
- long lasting
- little bit goes a long way
- elongate curls
- defines curls
Do you recommend this product?
- Yes I do recommend this product, you must follow the directions, if you don’t you will have crispy curls. This product elongated and defined my curls. My curls literally lasted a week attaining a little volume without a lot of frizz. Hair was very manageable. Like I mentioned earlier I am glad I ran across The GlamTwinz video, it caused me to revisit a product that initially did not care for. This is now my staple go to product.
Have you ever revisited a product that you didn’t care for? Have you tried Kinky-Curly Original Curling Custard?